Waikato District Plan Review
The Waikato District Council is undertaking a review of the Operative Waikato District Plan in two stages.
- addresses all policies and rule, except those relating to natural hazards.
- Stage 1 of the District Plan review was notified on 18 July 2018. The process is currently in the hearings stage, which HortNZ has been participating in.
- With the exception of rules relating to Significant Natural Areas, Maori Sites and Areas of Significance, building setbacks from waterbodies and subdivision impacting on these features or High Class Soil (which have immediate legal effect), the rules in the operative Waikato District Plan continue to apply.
- Stage 2 of the District Plan review proposed objectives, policies and rules to manage risks from natural hazards and climate change.
- Stage 2 was notified on 27 July 2020. HortNZ made a submission on Stage 2 (see link to submission below)