Seasonal worker update - 15 December
15 December 2020
- Work continues with the Government on the allocation of the additional 2,000 RSE workers that the Government is allowing into the country. All RSE employers have been contacted about this but if you have not been contacted, please contact HortNZ.
- Stranded visitors can be employed using the Supplementary Seasonal Employer (SSE) scheme. Click here for details. The roles specified on the site are the roles that employers can fill with an eligible SSE Visa Holder.
- If the role is not listed, an employer may choose to complete the SSE Approval in Principle (AIP) process, which can be found on the Immigration NZ website.
- Prior contact with the Ministry for Social Development (MSD) is required to access the SSE scheme, so we recommend that:
- Work the Seasons should be used for listing upcoming roles. MSD is actively promoting this avenue to job seekers and also is advising foreign nationals seeking employment to check this portal.
- RSE employers and those employers seeking an SSE AIP should also list their vacancies directly with Work and Income via their local Work Broker or with Job Connect – 0800 778 008.
- MSD is also supporting New Zealanders move between regions for seasonal work. Click here for the details.
How the Supplementary Seasonal Employer process works
Process for Employers